8/5/10

Playing Pitt


So the past two nights I got to suit up for a couple different teams and play University of Pittsburgh (better known as Pitt). It was fun to play against them, and to get to meet Jamie Dixon. It was difficult playing with guys I've never met, especially when they wanted to run plays that they all knew. I was playing both wing and post, and not knowing the plays I found myself in the way quite often.

The first game I played really well, hit a 3 and abused the Pitt players with my pump fakes. I ended up with 18 and 10, but would have had more if I was getting the ball more. We got abused by 50 pts or something. It was like 104-57. I was the high scorer for the game though, so that's nice.

The next night we had a better team, ended up losing by 25. It was a close game until the fourth quarter started. I didn't play so well in this one. I hit a three, but then early in the second half I went up for a dunk and got fouled hard. Not dirty, just hard. Anyway, I ended up landing on my upper back and whiplashing my head onto the floor.

Being the idiot I am I hopped right up to shoot my free throws. I got to the line and was really dizzy, ended up missing both badly. I subbed out and after being checked out by the trainer was told I had a mild concussion. Not too bad, I remember everything that happened and all that. I felt something like this. Hope everyone knows what that is from!

All in all it was a fun experience, and now basketball people in Ireland know who I am. Not much else is going on, just counting down the days until Alisa gets here....It's now 6!!!

This photo is of me in the Ireland National Team jersey, along with two girls I've been coaching while over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment