2/14/10

Great road win!!!



Had a road game this weekend and came away with a great win. The final score was 82-79 in OT. The team we played was in 11th place, but it was a road game and I couldn't play. I warmed up but my ankle did not feel stable at all. I decided to shut it down, despite the pressure to play. Their American, Joey Knight, went to a school in my conference, so it was cool to see him again. He went to a school with a lot of Mercer Island ties, Lehigh.

The city we went to is called Denizli. To put it mildly, I'm glad I'm playing in Istanbul haha. When I walked out of the airport I was surprised to see.....nothing. Literally, there were open fields as far as I could see. We were in a valley surrounded by mountains, but best I could tell there was nothing there. After an hour drive we arrived in Denizli, which.....well who cares.

Other notable things that happened during the road trip:
1) Got to watch an episode of Seinfeld. First American TV in a month. Funniest thing about the show? They blurred out the cigar that Kramer was smoking. Because it sends a bad image to the kids, my teammates said. Apparently all the Turkish people smoking doesn't send the bad message, American TV does.
2) We held our pregame scouting meeting in the basement of the hotel. Aside from moonlighting as a meeting room it also serves as "Flexible Club". Apparently it's a popular night spot too.

Should have some more interesting (to me) posts coming up, including such riveting topics as the Europe/Asia divide, sheepballs and my taxi cab vendetta.

No comments:

Post a Comment